In celebration of National Rosé Day, I had to figure out how to make the trendiest summer drink: Frosé. After a little bit of trial and error, I found a simple way to make this tasty delight only using rosé, watermelon, and lemon juice.
You will need:
- One bottle of your favorite rosé (I used Forty Ounce Rosé, but any will do!)
- One small seedless watermelon
- One lemon
How to make it:
- At least 4 hours before you plan to make this, fill two ice cube trays with the rosé and put in the freezer. NOTE: Because of the alcohol in the wine, it won’t freeze all the way through.
- Cube cut your watermelon into medium sized cubes.
- Add frozen rosé ice cubes, 1/2 to 3/4 (depending on how much watermelon flavor you’d like) of your cubed watermelon, and the juice of one lemon to your blender.
- Start the blender on low and slowly increase to medium speed for about 30 seconds (I used settings 1 – 3 on my Vitamix).
- Serve and enjoy! (This recipe yields about 4 wine glass servings)
NOTE: If you want it to be a little more icy texture, add a 1/2 cup of regular ice.
The awesome thing about this recipe is you can make a batch of this in advanced and freeze it in a gallon ziplock bag or other freezer friendly storage and simply add to the blender with a little water (or more rosé!) when you are ready to enjoy. It keeps in the freezer for approximately one week.
What’s your favorite boozy summer drink? Let me know in the comments!